Backed by decades of concrete experience and expertise, ConcreteNews is a publication designed to teach and enlighten both new and seasoned concrete pros. With a subscriber base of over 21,000, this concrete industry magazine is heralded by architects, engineers and contractors as the go-to resource for news, how-tos, and high profile construction projects.
Read the archives below:
ConcreteNews archives are in PDF File format. If you do not have ADOBE click here to download.
Concrete news Vol. 6, No. 2
- L&M and Duke Concrete: Celebrating a Silver Anniversary
- L&M Certified Applicator / Installer Program
- Hot Weather. Cold Weather. What about cool weather concrete?
- L&M's Lithuania Connection
- Increasing abrasion resistance of concrete floors
- 5 minute classroom: Efflorescence and carbonation: working together to destroy your concrete slab
ConcreteNews Vol. 15, No. 1
- Greg’s Concrete Corner
- Distributor Profile: Natural Stone Solutions
- Project Spotlight: L&M™ EMERYTOP 400™ at National Museum of African American History
- Project Profile: FGS PERMASHINE™ at Boyer’s Foods in PA
- Polished Concrete Contributes Points and Sustainable Product Attributes in new LEED v4.0
- The Contractor’s Soapbox with Rick Stone of Madison Concrete
- ACI 302: Here’s what’s in it for you
- High Moisture Slabs a Problem in Decorative Concrete? Not Anymore.
ConcreteNews vol. 14, no. 2
- Greg's Corner: Concrete Durability Front and Center
- Distributor Profile: ACF Distribution: Farmingdale, NY
- Home Is Where the Concrete Is!
- Project Profile: Southridge Elementary School Casper, Wyoming
- How Do You Know if Polished Concrete is Slippery?
- Contractor's Soap Box: Phil McKeone, Founder and Owner of Daedalus Construction, Omaha, NE
- The Culture of Residential Concrete: Fighting the Good Fight
- Sandscape Finishing in Decorative Concrete
ConcreteNews Vol, No. 2
- ConcreteNews Vol. 13, No. 2
- Congratulations to Stu Wood for 20 Great Years!
- Notes from Greg
- AG Heins: Building Materials Since Anyone Can Remember
- Project Profile: Amphenol Aerospace Manufacturing
- Have cements changed?
- A Brief History of Concrete
- Contractor's Soap Box: Jason Gonder, Sr. Vice President - Cornerstone Construction Services
- Concrete: For the record
- Product Spotlight: Installing The World's Toughest Floor - EmeryTop 400™
- Current trends: concrete mix design
- The Butler did it
- LATICRETE L&M Construction Chemicals: U.S. Locations
ConcreteNews Vol. 13, No. 1
- Two Trusted Names Join to Bring you More
- How's the Growth Plan working for You? by Greg Schwietz
- Distributor Profile: Carroll Construction Supply - 59 years and counting...
- Project Profile: Gordon Food Service - an award-winning FGS Permashine polished concrete floor by Jeff Bonkiewicz
- Petrography 101: Everything you wanted to know about Petrography, but were afraid to ask by Jeff Varga
- The Contractor’s Soapbox with Mike Poppoff, President of ASCC and Owner of Poppoff, Inc. by Jeff Bonkiewicz
- Problem / Solution: Curled, Decorative Concrete
- Current Trends in Decorative Concrete by Chris Sullivan
- Concrete Coloring by Bill Butler
ConcreteNews Vol. 12, No. 2
- Windows of Finishability by Dr. Kim Basham
- Blender Group Shines in Mexico
- Project Profile: Durafloor HP at Field & Stream
- L&M on YouTube
- Harley Low-Rider Passes Away
- Contractor's Soapbox with Roy Bowman
- RAP STARS: Durafloor HP
- The Butler did it. The Common Cure: Questions and Answers
ConcreteNews Vol. 12, No. 1
- Contact L&M Construction Chemicals
- Frustration: Clear sealers that ‘Blush’ on decorative concrete
- Project Profile: Omaha North High School - Omaha, NE
- Shiny 101. What is polished concrete?
- Concrete Visions Inc. takes PERK! installation to new level of personalized creativity at OSU Student Union
- The Contractor's Soapbox
- How to connect
- Tri Supply & Equipment builds business with teamwork from L&M
- The Butler did it. Concrete Floor Repair: Questions and Answers
Concrete News Vol. 11, no. 1
- Salmon Bay Sand & Gravel carves out long-lasting relationship with L&M Construction Chemicals
- Project Profile: Manhattan Middle School - Boulder, CO
- Perk! New advancements in Durable And Beautiful Seamless Polyaspartic Floor Systems
- L&M Founder, Larry E. Schwietz Reminisces About 51 Years Of Inventing New Products
- DURACRETE: Patch & Repair / DURACRETE: Artistic Medium
- How to Avoid Concrete Coating Failures
Concrete News Vol. 10, No. 1
- From Steel to Concrete: Londerville Enterprises
- Project Profile: Dallas Rapid Transit System
- Contractor's Soapbox: Mario Garza, Barton Malow
- How to Fix Concrete with Terry Willems and Peter Kolf
- Slip and Fall: ANSI B101.1, Russ Kendzior, Founder and President NFSI
- ASCC PRESIDENT
- Project Profile: Boise Art Museum
Concrete News Vol. 8, No. 2
- Profiles: Kris-Con
- Ironing out the wrinkles: How flat and level is your floor?
- The Contractor's Soapbox: Curt Meidling
- Improve the Look of Exposed Concrete Floors with Pinwheel Joint Techniques
- Blessing the Slab: The Miracle of Bringing Apparently Set Concrete Back to Life
- 5 Minute Classroom: Curling and Warping
Concrete News Vol. 8, No. 1
- Valley Supply: the go-to choice for L&M products in central PA
- Hot Weather Concreting. Cold Weather Concreting.
- The Contractor’s Soapbox: David Phillips, Hi-Tech Floors, Inc.
- PROTECTING CONCRETE From Sulfate Attack
- 5 minute Classroom: Slump: what does it mean?
Concrete News Vol. 7, No. 2
- Natural Stone supplying L&M products to south Florida and Caribbean
- How could a floor that looks this good be SO TOUGH
- The Contractor’s Soapbox: Dave Rossetti of D.J. Rossetti, Inc.
- FGS PermaShine adds beauty, durability, and energy efficiency to LEED projects
- 5 minute classroom: A brief History of Concrete: yesterday & today
Concrete News Vol. 7, No. 1
- AIA Continuing Education
- Distributor Profile: Glacier Building Materials
- FGS Permashine proves polished concrete is Green
- A Decade of Dowel Development
- Concrete's Longest (and most important) Day
- 5 minute classroom: Concrete facts and rules of thumb
Concrete News Vol. 6, No. 3
- AIA Continuing Education
- Block USA: L&M Partners growing rapidly in the Southeast
- Concrete Cracking: it happens. Here’s how to fix it
- Debunking myths and misconceptions about concrete chemical hardeners
- Specify Certified ACI Flatwork Finishers & Everyone Benefits
- 5 minute classroom: Fly Ash: worth its weight in cement